Tuesday, May 10, 2011

comfort that they were no bigger.

 The offensive was going to start again I heard
 The offensive was going to start again I heard.Youre an orator. Ill wrap you up and dont bounce your head around.I know how you talk. lay asleep on the other bed.I ate the end of my piece of cheese and took a swallow of wine. He was quieter now. It was quite evident he had stolen the bonds. Everybody was in the dugouts.All right. I said. and my winter boots. said Manera.Cough. The British hospital was a big villa built by Germans before the war. I will probably marry Miss Barkley.

 Naples. I went back and told the drivers I would get them as soon as the food came. Ill see the medical wallahs.Dont go. you have nothing to worry about if it doesnt infect and it rarely does now. I said and poured the basin full of water. Shall attack!The priest nodded. The shutters were up but it was still going on inside. Were you on permissionYes. Now I must go back to sleep to be fresh and beautiful for Miss Barkley.Another night.We went over toward Rinaldi and Miss Ferguson. It ought to be good. the broken houses of the little town that was to be taken. And you never know if the girl will really like it. It was all as I had left it except that now it was spring.

 I am positive you will get the silver. It would have been impolite not to have known something of them when I had listened to such a splendid explanation of their causes which were.What is itThe man on the stretcher over me has a hemorrhage. yes. I said. I said. I dressed.The next afternoon we heard there was to be an attack up the river that night and that we were to take four cars there.As the ambulance climbed along the road. The ovens and some deep holes had been equipped as dressing stations. You are my great and good friend and financial protector.War is not won by victory. because they found the three per cent bonds on his person. depended to a considerable extent on myself. We drank rum and it was very friendly. Are they going to have an offensiveYes.

 I knew it.After a while we said good-night and left. Henry.Oughf. I must do something about getting you out of here. Im something called a V. I will give you the addresses of places in Naples. the camion stopped a little off the road. I would go crazy. I dressed. The system was to bring everything down the new road and take the empty trucks. said the priest.Ah.

 Look at your valorous conduct in asking to go always to the first line. I like the simpler pleasures. Not in this ambulance business. I could look down through the woods and see. and then I heard close to me some one saying Mama Mia Oh. Henry. A shell burst short near the river bank. Are you badly hitIn the leg. I am just more affectionate. the steel helmet on the same peg. went downstairs.Why notNo. are youOh.

I dried my hands and took out my pocketbook from the inside of my tunic hanging on the wall. You see Im not mad and Im not gone off. We saw their white uniforms through the trees and walked toward them. I had a drink with a captain that I knew in one of the dugouts and went back across the bridge. a few freshly washed. I said that was a foul lie and. You could stay with my family. I know all about it.Were you in the StatesSure. My hand went in and my knee was down on my shin. The trunks of the trees too were dusty and the leaves fell early that year and we saw the troops marching along the road and the dust rising and leaves. Im not. Dear Catherine.

Cough. FrancoI am all right. One of the medical captains said the attack had been put forward an hour. He slapped me on the shoulder. I said. For stupidity. He had not felt bad but now the shoulder had stiffened. tipping their heads back. You will come with me to see Miss Barkley. but instead we had Ii Generale Cadorna. Rinaldi shook his head.Because the captain doctor knew I had this rupture. Outside it was getting dark.

What is her nameFerguson. I would go crazy. dont you It seemed it was a very funny joke if you understood it properly. As soon as I get the papers on these wounded Ill take you along the road and drop you with your medical officers. however. Some bersaglieri.Youd better not go out. without embarrassment. Gordini could not drive.Bring Caruso. because they found the three per cent bonds on his person. You ought to wash. I wish that I was with the British.

 Goodnight. sucked and snapped in the ends. They had always cracked in other wars.Maybe girls dont want to go to the front any more. brought by Gordini who looked very white and sick. You ought to wash. drunk. I watched the snow falling. Id be glad to kiss you if you dont mind. Do you have to take me to that regimentYes. Im leaving now for a show up above Plava.The plain was rich with crops there were many orchards of fruit trees and beyond the plain the mountains were brown and bare. and then there were mountains far off beyond all these that you could hardly tell if you really saw.

I cant imagine lying like that.You ought to have let me know.Pas encore. I tried to make out whether they were members of the family or what; but they were all uniformly classical. Henry. Then I floated. And you do love meYes. the line of the river that separated the two armies. we are. It was a big trench mortar shell.Its rotten. three men nurses and a doctor and picked you up out of bed and carried you into the dressing room so that the beds could be made while we were having our wounds dressed. dropping them in a basin.

 That was how it ought to be. out of the bandages.Ill walk down with you. I say its rotten. We do not like the English. said the priest.Some troops went out.She looked at me. It was Miss Ferguson. which every one ate very quickly and seriously.How do you do I said.Thank you very much. The sun was going down and the day was cooling off.

 There had been a little town but it was all rubble. Ive studied it for months now.Another American.No. I sat in the high seat of the Fiat and thought about nothing. Please put your hand there again. the stump of his leg twitching.The road was crowded and there were screens of corn stalk and straw matting on both sides and matting over the top so that it was like the entrance at a circus or a native village. Inside there was a light. the major said to the two stretcher bearers. Ive seen your Tenente.Did they scare you.Its a silly front.

 there was snow on the guns and there were paths in the snow going back to the latrines behind trenches. Gavuzzi has your legs. Every day I learn to do things smoother and better. I tried to move sideways so that it did not fall on me. baby. I will.We wont quarrel. The captain spoke pidgin Italian for my doubtful benefit.Have you any moneyYes.A rivederla. We drove slowly in this matting covered tunnel and came out onto a bare cleared space where the railway station had been. How does that feelSweat ran all over me. Not Ba?chus.

 I decided to go on upstairs. Evviva lesercito. I am now in love with Miss Barkley.Why notNo. Jesus Christ. looking at my eyes all the time. He doesnt want to see peasants. He breathed very heavily. There are much worse wounded than me. Ill wrap you up and dont bounce your head around.Be good while Im gone. It was hard and slippery. And you never know if the girl will really like it.

What the hell. didnt IShe was looking at me in the dark. Passini said. instead there is a war. I hope youll be comfy. the King passing in his motor car.It is true. He started the car. It takes a long time to be.He was a very nice boy. they would. Your goddesses.Porta feriti I shouted holding my hands cupped.

 He bit his arm and moaned. Another burst and in the noise you could hear the smaller noise of the brick and dirt raining down. Then the stretcher bearers took the man off the table. In the morning they came to each bed in turn. the pillars with the marble busts.Where is the gasoline park nowAt the same place. Look how you are wounded. One of the two men who had carried it looked in. The division for which we worked were to attack at a place up the river and the major told me that I would see about the posts for during the attack. there were some new hospitals. Ill see the medical wallahs.Did they cross the river all rightEnormously. He was the Kings uncle and commanded the third army.

 No. the smooth functioning of the business of removing wounded and sick from the dressing stations. You take it. You should go on leave.How do you do I said. I denied this. You love EnglandNot too well. They would take me as soon as possible. you dont. I am listening. Middle name First name Rank Where born What class What corps and so on. Its good. and put on a dressing.

 Helen. But millions of fools like you dont know it.And youre all right I asked outside.I wish you were back. Mr. Miss Barkley said.Its not really the army. I drove back up the narrow road. I asked him if there was a big dugout where the drivers could stay and he sent a soldier to show me. he himself so small that you could not see his face but only the top of his cap and his narrow back. There were many strong smells.That will be nice. It was a nuisance to have them there but it was a comfort that they were no bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment